Monday, July 30, 2018

TO EACH HIS OWN

          I hope you'll enjoy this one as well as all of the entries. Feel free to comment. These guys each seemed so unique, I thought it a good opportunity to show you how my characters and subjects come about. I want to stress to you an important aspect of my pareidolic art that I'm afraid may be getting lost on some viewers: The fact that I do Not mark, paint, draw or in any way alter the images I find within the illustrations on the packaging. I simply cut what I see.
          If you look closely at the bowls above you can trace the cuts that brought the characters to life. I think if you do that, you'll get a better idea of what I do and how I do it. I encourage you to try it with your own food package illustration. I feel satisfaction in finding art that would otherwise be lost; and what a waste that would be. I find the challenge fun and gratifying.
          .
         

No comments:

Post a Comment